Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Excuse My Opinion.

So lately I've been thinking about rappers, we all know and have our opinions about whose the best or next big male rapper, but rarely is the female rapper mentioned. As I look in the past it clearly has not been as many female rappers as males. We all know the most famous female rapper that has everybody going crazy now. Yes, Nicki Minaj. 


Now for me, I am not a fan, I am not on this BARBIE train. Sorry, that's not for me. I do not hate her, I just think she is over rated, and hyped up to the highest level. Simply because she is really the only mainstream female rapper on the scene right now. I know most of you girls are going to disagree with me, so be it. If you really listen to her lyrics they are mediocre. Not saying she is the worst rapper of all, just not all that she is held up to be. This whole trend she is setting, to me, its a nightmare. It would not be that bad if all of these females wouldn't have bandwagon on it. For me, my favorite female rappers are Eve, Da Brat, and Missy Ellitot. 
To me that is real music and the artists that are great. They stay true to themselves, and put music that is diverse in topics. With Nicki Minaj honestly every verse has some non needed sexual content, seriously, does that have to be in every song?  To me I get tired of that. I just wonder how long this whole thing is going to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Followers